At this time, we are looking for responsible, independent people to fill a number of volunteer positions. If you live in or around Hanna, and are interested in volunteering with us, please contact us today!
Top Reasons to Volunteer at the
Interested in making a difference in your community? One of the best places to volunteer may be right near you: an animal shelter or animal protection organization. Whether you walk dogs at your shelter, stuff envelopes for an educational mailing or assist with a fundraising event, you can make a difference in the lives of animals.
Here are just a few of the benefits of volunteering:
1. Be part of the solution. You will join a group of dedicated people working to make the community safe and more humane for all living creatures. You will make the jobs of everyone working for animals a little easier by lending a hand and spreading the message of responsible pet ownership and animal protection.
2. Get warm fuzzies. You will never find a more grateful and accepting comrade than an animal you've comforted.
3. Keep good company. You will make lots of new friends—and not just the four-legged kind. Working side by side with people who share similar interests can forge lifelong friendships.
4. Meet the new you. You will discover skills you never knew you had, and you may be surprised at what you're capable of achieving.
5. Gain a new career. You will learn things that may lead you to the career—or career change—of your dreams. Employers and college admissions officers look favorably on time spent in volunteer service.
6. Enjoy a wagging tail, a purr, and a smile. Someone once said that the best things in life are free.
From in-shelter support to at-home foster care, volunteers support every facet of our work. Together, we're creating a more humane world for animals.
Together, we can Save Them All.
To learn about volunteer opportunities, please call the us at 403.854.3700 or send us an email with any questions you have.